Most of us would admit that we are living in a disposable society. All it takes is a look at the prodigious amount of garbage that we create on a daily basis. It got me thinking about stuff I have that has made it for a substantial length of time (I’m in my mid 40’s) and is still doing what it supposed to do. It’s not a comprehensive list, but it’s good food for thought. What’s on your list?
- RevereWare copper bottom pots and pans. Got these before I even got married.
- A few t-shirts from my college days (mostly sentimental)
- A pair of Johnston and Murphy cordovan wing tip lace up shoes
- A Cuisinart that was a wedding present
- A Taurus PT92 9mm pistol
- My grandfather’s dowel jig
- A Zebco 404 fishing reel that’s gotta be over 30 years old
- My first paperback copy of Dune