You can tell a lot about a person by what magazines they read. Especially the ones they read on the “throne”. So what’s in your bathroom? In mine:
- The Economist – I gave up on the crapola that is Time and Newseek long ago. The news to spewage ratio is pretty darn good with The Economist and they manage to keep their bias where it belongs.
- Garden & Gun – A wonderfully printed jumble of Southern living and the things that make up Southern life. Cocktails, to magnolia blossoms, to lever guns, to fried shrimp.
- Information Week – A weekly that gets skimmed and trashed in less than 5 minutes.
- Double Gun Journal – A quarterly publication of gun porn; mostly stuff that is way out my reach!
- Cooking Light – I love to eat. I love fat. I’m not going to give fat up completely, but this magazine gives me regularly good ideas about tweaking things that I want to eat.
- Reason – Thought provoking libertarian articles. I don’t agree with all of them, but many of them manage to get me going…
- Texas Monthly – Why not? Their restaurant reviews are pretty good and I like learning about the state I live in.
I let my subscription to Scientific American lapse because I got tired of all the Bush bashing. I no longer subscribe to any of the food/packaged goods industry trade rags.